Director of Development
Since 1914, Luther Park Community, has provided quality services for mature Iowans, meeting their physical, spiritual, social, and psychological needs in its beautifully landscaped community in Des Moines. As a non-profit, we are able to put our resources into providing better service, care, and housing for our residents.
Luther Park Community is looking to add a Director of Development to their team!
Design and execute fundraising plan for Luther Park Community. Identify various sources of funding and develop strategies to achieve development plans. Approach suitable funding sources and solicit major donors for campaigns. Create and administer fund-raising programs using all types of media. Cultivate, solicit and secure current and deferred gifts from identified prospects. Maintain excellent communication with the CEO, Board of Directors and donors.
- Create, plan and execute the annual fund-raising objectives, with quarterly reporting of progress to CEO and Board representatives.
- Identify and build relationships with potential donors.
- Create and execute stewardship plan for all levels of donors.
- Solicit and secure gift commitments from individual and corporate donors.
- Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions.
- Lead efforts to purchase and maintain a database program for program.
- Develop annual endowment activity (including a donor recognition event) and annual fund raising.
- Research and develop grant proposals.
- Direct or supervise fundraising staff, including volunteer staff members.
- Develop or implement fundraising activities, such as annual giving campaigns or direct mail programs.
- Monitor progress of fundraising drives.
- Conduct research to identify the goals, net worth, history of charitable donations, or other data related to potential donors, potential investors, or general donor markets.
- Develop marketing collateral, such as brochures or case statements, to be used in fundraising activities.
- Establish fundraising or participation goals for special events or specified time periods.
- Monitor budgets, expense reports, or other financial data for fundraising organizations.
- Contact corporate representatives, government officials, or community leaders to increase awareness of organizational causes, activities, or needs.
- Assist and support the CEO, Administrators, Chaplain and Directors in developing and continuing relationships with congregations, community, and contributors.
- Competitive Salaries
- Shift Differentials
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Long Term Disability
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with up to 4% company match
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
A pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check are required.
Luther Park Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time